Subscribe to My Blog

Google Groups
Subscribe to BDizzle Abroad
Email:
Visit this group

Thursday, May 22, 2008

French...

So, now that I'm less than a month away from Africa, my French is no where near as good as I hoped it would be. We get free access to Rosetta Stone and we're supposed to use it for 40 hours and I guess there's no particular profiecency we are supposed to reach since we all start at different levels... but for anyone else going through Rosetta stone I'm at like 31 hours so close to my forty but I'm only at like Unit 4, assignment 31... which means I've done a bit but I still can't really speak any French! Probably understand a good portion of it, slowly with hand gestures. If only life were like the Matrix and you could download it into your head... I think I'm just going to communitcate with winks, nods, making my hands into the pointing/gun shape and wiggling it around making a Fonzi face and other kinds of gestures you might see the two brothers from a Night at the Roxbury making. That should be good enough til I learn the French and other language(s) right?

No comments: