Subscribe to My Blog

Google Groups
Subscribe to BDizzle Abroad
Email:
Visit this group

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mr. Forester goes to D.C.

So, it's the last night of my trip to D.C. to visit family before I leave for two years. I got to do lots of cool things including talking to one of my states congressmen to convince him that it's time to go for Obama and stop this silly uncommitted thing... and lots of other great things.. but most of my time was occupied by helping to be a facilitator at this conference for an organization my cousin works for, Tellin' Stories... it's a program that helps to get parent and community involvement to improve schools and education. Anyways.. it was an awesome program to work for and I got to learn a lot of wonderful techniques and approaches that I might be able to use and adapt for my experience in Africa. Of course, I might not be able to use any of it, can't start looking for solutions and answers for a community that I haven't entered yet.. but participating in this three day conference it got me excited about being an educator for the next two years. YAY. That's all.

No comments: