Subscribe to My Blog

Google Groups
Subscribe to BDizzle Abroad
Email:
Visit this group

Friday, June 6, 2008

Yr. Faithful Servant

So I finally wrote my first letter. Given, it wasn't from Africa yet.. but it was good practice. And important, because it's going to take a lot of practice to get good at it. My handwriting is atrocious.. I don't think I've handwritten ANYTHING since about my sophomore year in HS? Maybe a few blue book tests in college... or perhaps the written portion of the LSAT's? Point being, I, like many people of this generation, have lost the most valuable ability to write a good letter. I plan on writing and writing while I'm abroad. I hope this works out for me. I hope that anyone who reads this will take the time to write me at least one letter, even if it's just a few lines long and saying hello, it will mean the world to me in Africa. I will also be sure to write you back ASAP. I imagine myself writing grand Victorian letters with complimentary closes such as, your faithful servant, or with my greatest love.. things like that. And I want to have endearing letters like our first George Bush president, who despite his faults, was an astounding writer of letters... or Louis Armstrong who always began or ended his letters with a poem or a joke... I love to blog too, but blogging is for those with A.D.D. and need instant gratification... I look forward to the Romanticism of letter writings. Help join me in this effort, huh?

With My Deepest Devotion,

Brandon "the Garrulous" Forester

No comments: