Subscribe to My Blog

Google Groups
Subscribe to BDizzle Abroad
Email:
Visit this group

Monday, September 15, 2008

Sweet Home Mauritania

Well, we just had an Alqaeda attack here. Exciting stuff. Not really actually. All's good so far. More importantly I wanted to read to you some descriptions of my country from some travel books.

These are all quotes taken from Lonely Planet travel books

"one could almost suggest that Mauritania was the place to avoid...to some the place is the pits - sand and an overwhelming sense of revulsion"


"Rosso is the main Mauritanian-Senegalese border crossing. It's a grubby, haphazard town with a slightly sinister feel. Most travelers breeze through, as there aren't any worthwhile attractions here."

That's my home sweet home, the place to miss with an overwhelming sense of revulsion, not to mention being grubby and haphazard with a sinister feel... Anyways... just got a text saying my camel burger is at the house so I gotta run and eat!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brandon -- when I heard about the "issues" in Mauritania, I went immediately to your blog for an update. You didn't disappoint! I'll be watching, so keep us posted!!

Vicki